Air Choice One Travelers
We welcome EVERYONE with arms wide open!
Your children are important to us! Please read the safety procedures below if traveling with children.
Accompanied Minor Children
General Rule: Children under the age of 12 will not be accepted for boarding unless accompanied on the same flight by a parent, legal guardian, or other passenger at least 18 years of age. ACO reserves the right to prompt, at check in, for documentation of child’s age, for more information reference the Identification portion of our Conditions of Carriage.
Carrier will not provide transportation services to any infant less than 14 days old unless a written statement is provided by an attending physician approving infant for air travel.
One child under two (2) years of age (24 months or less) per adult is accepted by ACO at no additional charge provided the child is seated on the lap of the adult fare-paying passenger at least 18 years old or parent or legal guardian. ACO reserves the right to prompt, at check in, for documentation of child’s age, for more information reference the Identification portion of our Conditions of Carriage.
Children 14 days up to two years of age traveling on a confirmed reservation, with or without the use of a child restraint device, will be charged the infant/minor fare or the lowest available adult fare, whichever is less.
Unaccompanied Minors (UM)
If a passenger is age 5-12 and traveling without a parent or legal guardian then they must be classified as an Unaccompanied Minor (UM). A parent or legal guardian must fill out the UM Form upon check-in and follow the rules and procedures described in Air Choice One’s UM policy. Although not required by ACO, parent or guardian may request UM service for unaccompanied minors age 13-17 at their discretion.
Children under the age of 18 may travel unaccompanied on Air Choice One only under the following conditions:
- UM’s may not fly on the last flight of the day departing from the passenger’s city of origin – no exceptions.
- UM’s are required to have identification and/or proof of age.
- No child(ren) under age 5 will be accepted for unaccompanied travel.
- Child(ren) age 5-12 must travel as a UM, if unaccompanied by a parent or guardian.
- UM’s may travel on non-stop flights only, no multi-segment flights – no exceptions.
- UM’s may not connect to/from other airlines – no exceptions.
- ACO will not connect/escort any UM to or from a flight with another airline.
- The parent/legal guardian of the UM must complete the UM form before check-in at our station.
- Each UM may be escorted by a parent/legal guardian through boarding and upon exiting.
- Each UM must be at the proper maturity level to conduct themselves respectfully on the aircraft with limited supervision by our crew.
- Each UM must wear ACO issued identification the entire flight, identifying themselves as a UM.
- UM’s must pay the applicable UM Service Charge*; in addition, to the required normal travel fares paid at the time their reservation was made. (*UM Service Charge of $200/hour will apply in the event parent/legal guardian is not present to conduct and/or accept physical custody transfer of the UM prior to boarding or upon arrival at destination airport.)
- A parent or guardian who has been identified for the destination point prior to the boarding of the aircraft on the UM form must present themselves at our gate at least 30 minutes before the scheduled arrival time of the UM’s flight.
- All parents/guardians releasing or receiving the UM must present a valid driver’s license, state ID, or passport to an ACO agent before release of UM. The driver’s license, state ID, or passport number presented at the final destination of the ACO flight must match the ID number listed in the UM document prior to boarding.